[Vtigercrm-developers] Install docs on Wiki need update

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 02:38:48 PDT 2012

On 08/06/12 08:37, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Thanks for catching the typo. We have noticed apache username
> to be different of *nix flavors. Have you encountered the same or will
> it work regardless?

Hi Prasad,

Yeah different distros use different process owners. For example,

Debian/Ubuntu use www-data:www-data
CentOS uses apache:apache

and I am sure others will use different user/group combinations.

I would suggest though, that if someone is installing from the source
tarball they should be able to work this bit out for themselves ;-)

The instructions should probably just refer to the webserver process
owner and group. People are starting to use other webservers instead of
apache too, e.g. nginx, lighttpd...

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk