[Vtigercrm-developers] SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host1111111111=======>

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:30:53 PST 2012

On 23/02/12 07:18, Holbok István wrote:
> Dear Alan,
>
> Can you give me an admin access for a short time?
> I will try to setup an SMTP from our VPS and test it.

Thanks Holbok but unfortunately that server is behind a customer's
firewall and we only have access via specific IP addresses.

A couple of other things to mention.

 From the command line on the same server where vtiger is running I can
telnet to the smtp server and execute smtp commands.

When saving the Outbound server configuration, I am not seeing *any*
logging activity on the destination mail server (I was wondering about
reverse dns issues).

I've grepped the whole /var/log dir for the IP address of my outbound IP
where vtiger is coming from - I can only see my telnet access attempts,
but nothing from vtiger so it isn't leaving the CRM by the looks of it...

Puzzled of England :-)

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk