[Vtigercrm-developers] inconsistent html escaping

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Wed Feb 15 11:34:00 PST 2012

I just figured out why I'm seeing inconsistent html escaping.  I am
working on a custom module that generates an XML (SOAP) request
whenever a quote is saved.  When I do [Mass] Edit -> Save, I get
escaped html entities.  When I do DetailView -> DetailViewAjax edits,
I don't get escaped html entities.  It ends up that CRMEntity
retrieve_entity_info() calls PearDatabase query_result() calls
to_html() which SOMETIMES calls htmlentities()!  It seems like a
fairly clear MVC violation to broadly assume that our only response
format is HTML based on the request.  That said... eesh... what a
blast radius on this one as well!