[Vtigercrm-developers] caching user privileges

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Wed Feb 1 09:37:16 PST 2012

Second patch uploaded; it encapsulates the sharing privileges file.

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/attachment/ticket/7342/7342.2.patch

Before I refactor any more, I'm going to spin up an instance of
vtigercrm/trunk and see how far off my 5.2.1 fork is.

As I've had more time in the relevant code now, I think my main
concern is, "How disruptive will moving away from the user privileges
files be -- especially for third-party modules?"  This leads me to
believe that the smartest course of action is to smooth out the
existing two patches for inclusion into 5.4.0 to give everyone time to
build to the new api, then replace the files with a cache in 5.5+.

Everything interesting about user/sharing privileges is now
encapsulated in the UserPrivileges class, so we have a pretty good
starting point if there's some interest in adding user/sharing
privileges functions to vtlib.  Please take a look; suggestions
welcome!