[Vtigercrm-developers] MySQL select statement

John Crisp john at reetspetit.net
Wed Dec 19 02:03:21 PST 2012

On 19/12/12 09:20, Alan Lord wrote:

> Use the Invoice as the starting point for the summary report and create
> your filter to find dates within the boundaries you want, then just use
> the related Account and Contact records for the report output?

Hi Alan,

thanks for the reply. I created a quick report in Invoices as suggested
but if you leave any of the invoice information in there you will get
duplicate lines. So I did

Invoice report
Related module : Accounts
Summary Report
Select Columns - just Account No and Account Name
Grouping - Summarize by Account Name
Calcs none
Standard Filter - Current FY

This then give a report that looks a bit like this :

Account 1         ACC123          View Details
                                  View Details
                                  View Details
                                  View Details
Account 2         ACC124          View Details
                                  View Details
Account 3         ACC125          View Details
Account 4         ACC126          View Details
Account 5         ACC127          View Details
Account 6         ACC128          View Details
                                  View Details
                                  View Details
Account 7         ACC129          View Details

etc.

If I then export to a spreadsheet it drops the 'View Details' links and
I end up with the columns I want !

Bit of a hack but it works.

Thanks for all the help from everyone.

B. Rgds