[Vtigercrm-developers] Multiple user assignment

Richard Hills richard at tw.co.nz
Mon Dec 3 14:14:56 PST 2012

Hi guys,

I have been looking at extending our vtiger installations to allow
multiple users to be assigned a single entity. Currently I am looking at
doing the following to achieve this:

1 - add a new uitype 52 field (or more than one) to the modules I wish
to use.
2 - adjust the getNonAdminAccessControlQuery to return a where clause
instead of an inner join.
3 - adjust the modules where getNonAdminAccessControlQuery is used to
place the query change properly.
4 - further tweak the query to include a where for each of the
"smownerid" custom fields for this module as well as the smownerid field.

If anyone can tell me something which obviously won't work, or can
suggest a better solution I would be open to hearing about it.

Groups will not work as we would end up with a group for every entity
and the administration of these groups would be more work than simply
assigning the entity to 2-3 users.

Thank you

--
Richard Hills