[Vtigercrm-developers] tabdata.php

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Wed Apr 18 07:01:27 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Prosenjit Sarkar
<prosenjitsarkar123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please tell me why this tabdata.php is static ?
> You can use it as dynamic also .

It's static in the same sense that a cache is static -- for periods of
time when a data set is static.  The information in tabdata.php is
used on every page load, so it reduces database load to cache the
results in a file.

That said, I do think that moving the contents of tabdata into an
ADOdb cache would be a great move.  I'm planning to work on something
along those lines in the next few months -- getting rid of all cache
files in the user_privileges folder as well.

My end goal is to get to a place where I can easily run vTiger as
multi-tenant, instead of multi-instance.