[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM Thunderbird Extension version 0.505 released

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 01:21:01 PDT 2011

On 06/10/11 20:52, John Crisp wrote:
> On another tack entirely....
>
> Is there any chance that the module can include Vendors/POs (possibly
> even Invoices/SOs ?) as well ?

Hi John,

> We have Order Acknowledgements from Suppliers that we would dearly love
> to add to the P.O. but the only way to do it currently is to save the
> document and then add it manually which is a right royal PITA !!!

My first suggestion is to stick a new feature request on the forge
project
(http://forge.vtiger.com/tracker/?atid=966&group_id=237&func=browse)
with as much detail as possible in terms of what you actually want the
user to be able to do and what the outcome should be.

I'd need to check the API to make sure we can get to the data we need
but it I think that should be doable in theory at least.

> I'm quite happy to try and get involved with anything if need be, though
> I'm no coder unfortunately. We may be able to fund some development if
> need be ??

I'm just about to start doing the testing for TB8 which is now in Beta
and will be released on 8th Nov.

There are a few pressing features that I would dearly love to add, but
we are just too busy with paid work to get much done other than keeping
up with the 6 week cycle right now.

Adding documents/attachments is one of the top priorities and it sounds
like your requirement is closely related so maybe we can kill 2 birds...

Secondly, drop me an email (alan dot lord at theopenlearningcentre dot
com) and we can see if we can come to a suitable arrangement. We need to
talk timescales, effort and cost I guess.

Cheers

Alan

--
The Open Learning Centre