[Vtigercrm-developers] Enhancement to email notifications

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 08:42:21 PST 2010

(Thread updated for 5.2.1)

On 25/05/10 14:23, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> When vtiger sends a message to the owner about a new or updated entity
> (account, contact, potential etc) it uses the function
> sendNotificationToOwner() in includes/utils/CommonUtils.php.

I was looking at adding back in the
"send-a-url-in-the-email-notifications-hack" on our new 5.2.1 system,
but am now being led to a different set of functions in
modules/Calendar/CalendarCommon.php getEventNotification(),
getActivityDetails() etc. I'm sure on 5.1.0 I just had to make a small
mod to sendNotificationToOwner() in includes/utils/CommonUtils.php to
get the same effect? It now looks like this function is hardly used
anymore. I could only find one call to it via the CRMEntity class for
the Potential module.

It now seems far more complicated and looks like it requires mods to the
Activity class in modules/Calendar/Activity.php.

This really should be a standard feature. Virtually *everyone* we talk
to about vtiger wants a URL in their email notifications.

Am I missing something? Is there a more straightforward way to address this?

TIA

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com