[Vtigercrm-developers] Meaning of the presence field in vtiger_field table?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:11:04 PST 2010

On 18/11/10 08:44, Alan Lord (News) wrote:

> Can someone explain what this field is for and what the values indicate?
> I assume that this value's meaning has changed over time too, as on
> their old vtiger system they all appear to be set to "0" but work fine.

On further analysis, I think the vtiger_field.presence field values mean
something like this:

0 - A sort of "system" field. One that should always be visible.
1 - A Hidden/Inactive field
2 - A "normal-use" field

Is this about right?

By the looks of the DB migration scripts it would appear that the
meaning of this field changed between 5.04 and 5.1 as there are quite a
few updates in the script changing 0s to 2s.

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com