[Vtigercrm-developers] Couple of feature/enhancement ideas.

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 02:03:37 PST 2010

Do these seem like good, sensible, doable enhancements?

1. Provide a tool to allow the user to change the column layout of modules.

The client I was with yesterday has two instances where this would be a
really helpful feature:

Open an Account in Detail View. In the list of Contacts displayed below
the Account they want to be have one of their custom fields displayed as
a column.

Under the same Account the list of invoices, quotes, sales orders have
no date column. (This actually seems to me like it should really be
there anyway, dates of invoices etc. are quite an important metric. But
giving the user/admin a configuration tool would be the right thing to
do IMHO).

2. Allow the results of a report, either pre-defined or a user's own
custom report, to be displayed as one of the components on the home page.

I really like this idea. It's seems like a fairly easy way to give quite
a good degree of customisation to the panels on the home page. A users'
own report, filtered and customised as they wish displayed on the home page.

If these sound like sensible ideas I will stick them on TRAC as
enhancement requests.

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com