[Vtigercrm-developers] Infinite loop in Events

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Fri Mar 26 04:48:21 PDT 2010

FYI: We ended up not using it and doing events the "old" way (coding).
It's faster but creates dependencies.

In any case I expect this (and workflows) to get a lot better in next
releases and start using it then.

This my experience, I am VERY comfortable with the code, so I tend to go
there for solutions.

Joe
TSolucio

El 26/03/10 12:41, David V. escribió:
> Hi Everybody !
>
> According to this ticket :
> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/5468
>
> "When you add an aftersave event to an entity and in the HandleEvent?
> <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/HandleEvent> you create
> (and save) another entity, it raises an infinite loop.
>
> This occurs because VTEvenTrigger::trigger
> (include/events/VTEventTrigger.inc), execute all handlers registered
> when saving an entity. It should execute ONLY handler for current entity"
>
> According to the same ticket the solution is :
>
> "This is something the developer will have to handle in their own
> code. There are events that will have to run on every save."
>
> But how do we actually handle this in the code ?
>
> Does anyone have a working example of how to avoid infinite loop
> without modifying Vtiger core ?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> David V.

Un saludo