[Vtigercrm-developers] Infinite loop in Events

Musavir Khan musavir at vtiger.com
Fri Mar 26 07:59:59 PDT 2010

Hi David,

you the type of entity for which the event is trigger and type of entity
that is being created in the event handler then you can add a check for
module name something like this should work,

function handleEvent($eventName, $entityData) {
        global $log, $adb;

        if($eventName == 'vtiger.entity.beforesave') {
            $moduleName = $entityData->getModuleName();
            if ($moduleName == 'HelpDesk') {
                //your code here
           }
      }
}

This should avoid the infinite recursion, but if the entity being created
and the entity for which the event is of same type then this will not work.

Thanks,
MAK