[Vtigercrm-developers] Thunderbird 3 extension update

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 04:24:30 PDT 2010

On 02/06/10 08:32, Musavir Khan wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> there have few to no changes in webservices that should affect the
> thunderbird plugin, i feature which is failing currently is associate an
> email with a contact/lead/Account. this is happening as a bug in 510 was
> fixed and thunderbird code for this feature was written with that bug in
> mind, now that bug is fixed we have to make the neccessary changes.

Can you provide anymore info on this? I have been looking at the "Add
Email to vtiger" function of the TB3 extension and am not getting the
right results.

> other error you may get because of the same is mandatory field not
> specified while creating emails, to fix this please specify fromemail
> field value.

I have added the "from_email" field to the array to be sent back to
vtiger and I am getting a positive reply saying that the message has
been added successfully... *BUT* the message is not to be seen against
the lead or contact to which I chose to add it.

I was pulling my hair out on this and then decided to search the CRM to
see if the messages were being saved in the wrong place.

They are being saved, but they do not appear to be associated with
anything else!

See the linked screenshot of my search. I saved a number of messages to
the Contact "Mary Smith" with the "From Email" field set to various
thing, but mostly my personal email address.

http://twitpic.com/1uqjp5/full

Although the messages are listed, and I can open them for editing, they
don't seem to be associated with any other entity such as a Contact.

What is the best way to debug this?

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com