[Vtigercrm-developers] Bug with Module layout & Contacts/Accounts

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 10:44:59 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

A new client has asked us to really strip back vtiger for the initial
implementation. This is 5.1.0 BTW

We've disabled many modules and got it nearly right but in the Contacts
Module Manager, by default you cannot disable the Account field. As
Accounts are no longer mandatory for Contacts I believe this restriction
should be removed.

A simple change in the vtiger_field table, the presence column the
accountid value from 0 to 1 fixes this.

Removing this field, has a rather subtle impact on the default "All"
filter list view of Contacts. As the Account field isn't there, it is
removed from the headings but *not* the actual columns displayed, so you
end up with weird stuff like the email address being under the Phone
heading, and the Assigned To users column under the "Action" heading.

Because we couldn't reliably disable the Accounts module entirely, to
rectify this, I had to remove access to the accounts module for all the
users in their profile and/or create a new default List view filter for
all users. Either way works but I thought it was worth pointing out.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com