[Vtigercrm-developers] db_type mysqlt

Adam Heinz amh at metricwise.net
Wed Dec 15 13:19:45 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Alan Lord (News) <alanslists at gmail.com>wrote:

> One of the first things I noticed is that their db config specifies type
> mysqlt which is the adodb driver to support transactions. I've not yet
> looked at their custom code much but am assuming this is required by
> their mods.
>
> Anyone fancy commenting on the implications of this using driver on the
> standard vtiger code? I'm curious more than anything if this is likely
> to have any (positive or negative) impacts...

If you grep the 5.0.4 codebase for 'new PearDatabase', you'll see that
vtiger creates more database connections than just the global $adb.  Since
transactions are isolated to their connection, any work that spans multiple
modules... though it would be simple enough to modify the modules to use the
global $adb.