[Vtigercrm-developers] vtlib 2.1 is now available!

Prasad prasad at vtiger.com
Wed Jan 7 01:26:49 PST 2009

Dear vtigers,

I'm happy to inform you of the release of
vtlib<http://forge.vtiger.com/projects/vtlib/>
*2.1* today. This version adds some key features, and provides several
useful APIs to make it easy to build new modules, and customize the
functionality of vtiger CRM.

Thanks to the community for their valuable support and feedback on earlier
versions.

Following are some of the highlights of the new features bundled in vtlib
2.1 <http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=174&release_id=480>

* *Language Pack Installation*
Language Packs are now treated as a special type of module, which can be
installed or upgraded using Module Manager.

* *Upgrading Modules *
Module Manager provides basic support to upgrade custom modules developed
using vtlib

* *Custom Actions for Module*
You can add custom actions that open web links for your module. These links
are displayed on the DetailView. Using this feature, custom actions like Add
Event, Export to PDF can be provided easily.

* *Tooltip for Module Field*
vtlib provides an API to set Tooltip text for the module field which could
be useful in educating the users when they are in Create/Edit view.

Please check out the documentation for more details. Kindly share your
feedback with us.

vtlib 2.1 Download URL:
http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=174&release_id=480

*ZohoMeeting Integration Module for vtiger CRM*

With the new capabilities of vtlib 2.1, we developed an integration module
for ZohoMeeting.
We used the Custom Actions feature to add ZohoMeeting links for vtiger
calendar events.

You can download this extension from here:
ZohoMeeting-1.0<http://forge.vtiger.com/frs/?group_id=187&release_id=479>

Regards,
Prasad
vtiger Team