[Vtigercrm-developers] Webmail in 5.0.4

clement chazarra chazarra.clement at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:24:48 PDT 2008

Hello everybody!

I have migrated one of my customers system to 5.0.4, and I was amazed how
smoothly it did go!! Well done vTiger team, well done community.

I would like today to share my concerns about the webmail module, so I have
a couple of questions for you guys:

1. Have you got good performances using the webmail module in vTiger?
In my case, small inbox works fine, quick enough, but if I test it on large
inbox(more than 4000 emails), it just get terribly slow, and unworkable.

2. Has anybody some tips to share to get better performances?
So far I think mutliple email sending can be enhanced by setting the
send_delay value on the config file in webmail module

3. In a technical point of view, how is structured the webmail?
I am trying to analyse the way vTiger deals with webmails, and it seems that
any action you intend on the ajax interface will just reload the entire
inbox, is it the case?

4. How other webmail solutions (like squirrelmail) deal with this loading
issue? Is it about caching?

Some insights from you guys could help me and others to draw a big picture
and then focus on the problems and solutions concerning emails handling.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bye
Clem