[Vtigercrm-developers] List of potential contributions - feedback requested

John Crisp jcrisp at safeandsoundit.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 10:14:35 PDT 2008

Nolan Andres wrote:
> Hey, everyone...
>
> I've been lurking on this list for quite a while (could be 2 years!) For over 2 years, now, my company has been doing customization work on vTiger, most of it on a highly customized installation that is still running v4.2.

Me too, but not for quite so long

Re custom fields, the biggest bind is that 'LINKED' Custom Fields do not
cross update from say an Account to a Contact or vice versa as say the
address fields do - there is no linking beyond the point where a Lead is
converted to an Account/Potential - at that point they are entities in
their own right.

I have had a play about with this for a while to see if I can get the
fields to update with SQL triggers but am no coder and cannot get
anything satisfactory - probably just lousy SQl syntax !

ANY improvement on the usability would be useful. If not, a change to
the naming convention for 'LINKED' Custom Fields ;-)

Absolutely brilliant to see people contributing stuff back so many
thanks to you and your clients !

B. Rgds
John