[Vtigercrm-developers] vTiger on MSSQL... Anyone framiliar with the problems assocaited with this.

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed Sep 12 07:34:51 PDT 2007

* Joey Novak <joey.novak at gmail.com> schrieb:

Hi,

> So, the company I am working for has decided to implement a CRM,
> and they have budgeted a significant amount of money to do so.
> We like all the features of vTiger.

Cool. Maybe your company could provide some funds for completing
several outstanding things :)
(some of us are freelancers who mostly contribute during their
customer projects and can be hired ;-))

> The only thing that would stop us, is the lack of MSSQL support.
> We may go with it ontop of MySQL, however a significant portion of
> our companies money machine is composed of MSSQL DTS Jobs.

Well, I clearly can understand you don't want MySQL, the SQL-enabled
cardfile ;-P. But WTH MSSQL ?

We've got PostgreSQL support. Instead of burning so much money w/
M$ license fees and the whole (Windows-generated) troubleshooting,
you can get an complete machine w/ pgsql on GNU/Linux or xBSD
and build evrything optimized for your hw.

> We have to decided and prepare a plan by the end of the week (this
> has been in the works for a while).  And in an effort to make the
> decision easier, I have spent some time working through the issues
> I see that prevent vTiger from running on MSSQL.

One of the major points (IMHO) is that MSSQL's understanding of SQL
is even crappier than MySQL's.

I *personally* wouldn't suggest porting to another homebrewn SQL dialect.
Better spend a day for becoming confident w/ PostgreSQL ;-P

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info at metux.de   skype: nekrad666