[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Patch: import that deals with duplicates

Dirk Gorny Dirk.Gorny at Genion.de
Wed Mar 7 01:48:34 PST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 schrieb xavier dutoit:
> On 3/7/07, Dirk Gorny <Dirk.Gorny at genion.de> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 schrieb xavier dutoit:
> > > I would like to know how to update my local copy to 5.0.3 from svn (cf
> > > my previous mail).
> >
> > If you want to get all files you only have to do a svn export
> > http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/./$LOCALDI
> >RECTORY
>
> Is this how you use it ?

No. I use:

svn
diff --old=http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/@$OLDRELEASE --new=http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/@HEAD

And patch it by hand. Then you look for DB changes and change the database if
needed.

> It should be as simple as a "svn update", even between branches, shouldn't
> it ?
No.

> The thing is that I don't know how to change from one branch to another
> without having to do a full checkout. How do you do that ?

look ahead.

> Because of changes in the structure of the source between the checked out
>
> > source and the deployment you have to build a diff if you want to update
> > a working deployment and update by "patch".
>
> Well, svn should deal with the change on the source, that's its job.

But your deployment differs with the source.

> Sure,  that's  normal  to  have to change the db by hand.
> Is there any place where the changes are documented ?

Look at:
http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/schema/DatabaseSchema.xml

Best regards,

Dirk