[Vtigercrm-developers] Fwd: Patch: import that deals with duplicates

xavier dutoit vtiger at sydesy.com
Wed Mar 7 01:29:17 PST 2007

On 3/7/07, Dirk Gorny <Dirk.Gorny at genion.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 schrieb xavier dutoit:
>
> > I would like to know how to update my local copy to 5.0.3 from svn (cf
> > my previous mail).
>
> If you want to get all files you only have to do a svn export
> http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/svn/vtiger/vtigercrm/branches/5.0.3/./$LOCALDIRECTORY

Is this how you use it ? That's against the aim of svn to have to do an
export every time you change from 5.0.x to 5.0.y isn't it ?

I have an up to date version of the 5.0.2 branch.

It should be as simple as a "svn update", even between branches, shouldn't
it ?

The thing is that I don't know how to change from one branch to another
without having to do a full checkout. How do you do that ?

Because of changes in the structure of the source between the checked out
> source and the deployment you have to build a diff if you want to update a
> working deployment and update by "patch".

Well, svn should deal with the change on the source, that's its job.

Please look for DB changes every time and fix the DB by hand.

Sure,  that's  normal  to  have to change the db by hand.
Is there any place where the changes are documented ?

eg:

/mysql/update/5.0.1-5.0.2
/mysql/update/5.0.2-5.0.3 that is updated every time the db have to change ?

Thanks for your advices.

Xavier