[Vtigercrm-developers] block, tab and field id numbers

Mangai minnie at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 8 03:17:37 PDT 2006

Dear joebordes,

        I apologize for delay in reply.

Here is the information you requested:

                    Following changes should be done in modules/Users/DefaultDataPopulator.php files.

1) To insert into vtiger_tab table
    use value greater than 29 for tabid. values from 1 to 29 already occupied for modules in vtigerCRM.

    Example: $this->db->query("INSERT INTO vtiger_tab VALUES (7,'Leads',0,4,'Leads',null,null,1)");
    [example given with respect to Leads module.]

2) To insert into vtiger_blocks table
    use value greater than 83 for blockid. values from 1 to 83 are already occupied.
    Syntax: $this->db->query("insert into vtiger_blocks values

    Example:   $this->db->query("insert into vtiger_blocks values (13,7,'LBL_LEAD_INFORMATION',1,0,0,0,0,0)");

3) To insert into vtiger_field table
    value for fieldid will be generated dynamically using getUniqueID method of PearDataBase class.
    Syntax: $this->db->query("insert into vtiger_field values
                <quickcreate>,<quickcreatesequence>,<info_type>)");

    Example: $this->db->query("insert into vtiger_field values
                  (7,".$this->db->getUniqueID("vtiger_field").",'salutation','vtiger_leaddetails',1,'55','salutationtype',
                    'Salutation',1,0,0,100,1,13,3,'V~O',1,null,'BAS')");

This is a small part in module creation. As you asked about block,tab andfield id, I've given that. kindly wait for some time to get fulldocumentation for module creation. We will provide it soon.

If you have any query or any difficulty in the above statements, kindly feel free to mail me(email address: minnie at vtiger.com)

Thanks & Regards,
Minnie.

---- On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 Joe Bordes <joe at tsolucio.com> wrote ----

Hi All,

I asked a question on the forum a few days ago but nobody answered. The
thread is:

http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=9516

It is about what numbers I should use when adding vtiger_block,
vtiger_tab and vtiger_field. Do I just invent whatever numbers I want
and hope they don't clobber/get clobberd? Or is there somewhere I can
get my own "reserved" numbers?

I'm asking because I just let out a patch to a project on the forge that
has this problem. Or I make an install script for the project and
generate te numbers dinamically so they can adapt to each installation
or I used some reserved numbers.

Please put me in the right direction.

Thanks, Joe.

BTW: If anybody has some time to test the project, all feedback is
welcome (tsolucio::tttimecards).