[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigercrm-developers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 11

Ken Lyle kenlyle at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 18:55:59 PDT 2006

> I am very happy to announce SugarCRM 4.2 to vtiger 5
> migration script release.

I tried this on my third hosting server, which has no
Control Panel.  I SSH'd the 4.2.3.gz and did a tar
xvfz, and ran the install, and got:

PHP version 4.2.x or 4.3.x.

NOTE: Charts are not supported in PHP5
 Version 4.4.1 Installed
Database Available
config.php Not Writeable
Cache Directory (cache/) Not Writeable

Mail Merge Template Directory
(test/wordtemplatedownload/) Not Writeable
You might experience issues with the word template
feature. You might visit the link for more details :
forums

Uploads Directory (test/upload/) Not Writeable
You might experience problems with the file
attachments feature. You might visit the following
link for more details : attachment issue

Email Templates Directory (modules/Emails/templates/)
Not Writeable. You might experience problems with the
email templates feature. You might refer to the
following link for more details :email templates issue

GD graphics library version 2.0 or later Version
2.0.28 Installed

The ownership problems are killing me.

Maybe the .bin format works better for less
experienced users, and should be incorporated into the
instructions for this conversion?

Personally, I am still looking for a solution that
will let me install 4.2.3 successfully, then I have to
reinstall Sugar 4.2...

Thanks,

484-948-5706
866-OUT OF BOX
(866-688-6326)

--
"He who reads nothing is more educated than he who reads nothing but newspapers."  - Thomas Jefferson