[Vtigercrm-developers] Release naming (package naming)

Callum Macdonald lists.vtigercrm.com at callum-macdonald.com
Mon Nov 13 04:24:00 PST 2006

Remco, you're right, I'm confusing package naming with release naming.

The release naming documentation states "The vtigercrm project no longer
produces Patches
<http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/PatchSubmission> for
distribution..." but there is a patch available here:
http://www.vtiger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=57

Who releases that patch? It's really the name of the patches that I
think should be simplified, not the naming of the main releases.

Cheers - Callum.

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands wrote:
> @ Nicholas,
>
> If you find it odd, you might want to wait using vtigercrm as we're in
> the process of becoming mature.
>
> @ Callum,
>
> What you are refering to is not release naming to my idea.
> But package naming.
> I think that's a bit confusing for more people,
> The release naming is still the same, in you example 5.0.2,
> depending on the target platform is you're suggested packet naming.
>
> I can agree with it, yet as our user are no newbee's the naming as
> stated in: http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ReleaseNaming
> is enough, I would suggest adding a wiki page for the newbee's who
> doesn't know what to download instead.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Remco
>

> Op 8-nov-2006, om 6:41 heeft Nicholas Chan het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I just found it odd that the naming issue is still being discussed till
>> today. Why isn't the standard set and enforced already?
>>
>> Callum Macdonald wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I think the naming of releases should be simplified. I suggest Joomla
>>> provides a good template to use (with one or two improvements):
>>> http://forge.joomla.org/sf/frs/do/viewRelease/projects.joomla/frs.joomla_1_0.1_0_11
>>>
>>> vtiger 5 patch 2 and vtiger 5.0.2 are confusing names. It is not clear
>>> from what version you can apply patch 2, and so on. I suggest we use
>>> the
>>> same method as Joomla. When a new version is released (5.0.2) then the
>>> following files are released:
>>> vtigercrm-5.0.0-to-5.0.2-patch.zip
>>> vtigercrm-5.0.1-to-5.0.2-patch.zip
>>> vtigercrm-5.0.2-full-windows.exe