[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:07:19 PDT 2006

Richie,

Postgres is coming along, not as quickly as I had hoped but it's
getting there.  The installation process is working now and their
aren't too many problems with normal navigation.

The biggest hurdle right now (other then just plain lack of time on my
part) is with the state of flux of the code base.  Jeff is doing a
great job syncing the branch up all the time, but the large amount of
change requires a lot of re-testing on our part.  I think the best
course of action right now is to merge the branch back into the trunk.

Mering the postgres branch this will free up more time for Jeff to
work on other fixes and I don't foresee any more breakage as all
changes from here on are simply fixing queries one at a time as we
come across problems.  The biggest advantage I see with dropping the
branch is if we find a bug we won't have to concern ourselves with if
it's a postgres only bug or not and we'll just be able to fix it
without worrying about duplicating the effort of one of your guys.
Also this will allow us to split the long sql queries into multiple
lines so that SVN can track the changes better without us breaking the
mergability of the postgres branch.

Merging the branch just before the next validation round would be
prefect timing and unless Jeff or Joel say otherwise I think it's
ready to be merged at anytime now.

Allan