[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:58:59 PDT 2006

I'd love to support MsSQL as well, unfortunately I don't have a MsSQL
test environment which make it pretty impractical for me to make the
required changes.

Have you tried checking out the latest code from the 4.2 branch to see
how it works on MsSQL?  I'd be interested to know how it works out for
you, I anticipate you'll have a few rough spots where I made some ugly
hacks based on the database being Postgres.

The ON DELETE CASCADEs work really well in Postgres actually (not that
anything really ever gets deleted via the web interface).  Do you have
an example of a loop so I can test that part out?

Let me know of the issues you have and I'll try and incorporate them
into the Postgres changeset.

Allan