[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Michel JACQUEMES m.jacquemes at neuf.fr
Thu May 4 03:26:12 PDT 2006

I don't want to give you more work on Postgres support but maybe you
remember I have done some work on MsSQL few time ago. I found that most of
the efforts you have done normalizing queries were compatible with MsSQL.

I have already made V5 work on this database but my code is not clean enough
to contribute. What I would be interested is to follow your work and, if you
agree, eventually make suggestions to have more portable queries.

There is unfortunately a prerequisite for MsSQL about database schema. MsSql
needs that all foreign key constraints ON DELETE CASCADE be replaced by ON
DELETE NO ACTION. I have tested this change and it doesn't affect vtiger. I
have already posted some lmails about that but never had feedback.
This clause is actually silly because there are loops in vtiger database
schema and I don't know how will react Postgres if it is activated.

I do think that if we could have MsSQL support at the same time it will be a
plus for vtiger.

Michel