[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Michel JACQUEMES m.jacquemes at neuf.fr
Thu May 4 20:42:51 PDT 2006

Hi Allan,

I know it works because vtiger never use this feature. I have never tested
it directly and don't know what are doing MySql or Postgres. Anyway I don't
think it is a good practice. Code has to master record deletion, know if
there are depending records and so on.

You will find joined a loop sample but there are several others. The problem
with MsSQL is that it makes its control at constraint creation. If you leave
the schema as it is you loose all the constraints.

I have submitted a ticket, Mike has scheduled it for rc5.
http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/53

I will test Postgres branch soon.

Michel