[Vtigercrm-developers] PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES m.jacquemes at neuf.fr
Mon Mar 20 02:33:03 PST 2006

I know that and version 4.2.4rc2 is running with zend compatibility mode of
PHP4.

The problem I discuss here is linked to ADODB qstr function called by
PearDatabase :

function quote($string){

            return ADOConnection::qstr($string);

}

Qstr function has several calls to $this->function, the use of $this is not
allowed outside object context, so you get an error when you call :

PearDatabase::quote($string);

I changed it to

$adb->quote($string);

And it seems to work on all the functions I have tested, but I am not sure
it is a good practice.

  _____