[Vtigercrm-developers] Feedback on 4.2.4rc2

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Mar 9 09:19:23 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

Richie and I have discussed this issue, and agreed to spread this out
over 4.2.4 and 4.2.5.

A lot has been changed in the binary installers in a short time
(including the build system to SVN) so I'm willing to accept it the way
it is for the 4.2.4 release as long as everything works on all sides.
That includes, the source installer, ubuntu/debian installer and
linux/windows bin/exe installer.  I think that is possible with the
changes that have been made so far.  Correct me if that isn't the case.
After that we can spend the next ~4 weeks getting it ready for the 4.2.5
release.  I hope we can all agree on this.

I'm planning on making an 4.2.4rc3 release in the next few days with any
installer fixes that are required, so any help in testing the installers
for these previous states during install would be much appreciated.

case1:
no previous installation of mysql or apache.

case2:
no previous installation of mysql but apache is already installed.

case3:

case4:
both apache and mysql already installed.

Mike