[Vtigercrm-developers] Very important question about JpGraph

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 11:05:51 PST 2006

Sergio A. Kessler wrote:
> http://pear.php.net/package/Image_Graph

I'd also like to ask the prevailing opinion on what the licensing
difference would be if (graph library X) were an external dependency.

I'm on record as favoring external dependency (with version checking, of
course) for everything vtigercrm currently keeps private snapshots/forks
of. My reasons were primarily for distro-provided security upgrades, but
now licensing issues seem like they would be made easier if we didn't
distribute third-party software and keep it in our repository.

Let vtiger worry about its own GPL license only. Let the distro
maintainers, and user-administrator decide if vtigercrm and
well-specified prerequisites are compatible with their free-software
policies.