[Vtigercrm-developers] The way to upgrade a patched 4.2.3 to 4.2.4

Matjaz.Slak at atol.si Matjaz.Slak at atol.si
Wed Jun 28 06:34:44 PDT 2006

Hi team!

Could someone help me with the following:

we have vTiger 4.2.3 in production and we've made a lot of changes to the
code - I'll refer to this as 4.2.3-custom.

Now I'm looking for a way to migrate to 4.2.4 and keep our patches. What
would be the best way to do it?

Would you suggest:
to make a diff from 4.2.3-standard and our 4.2.3-custom to get diffs and
then try to merge these with 4.2.4
to take the 4.2.3-standard to 4.2.4-standard diffs (where can I get those?
In the TRAC?) and then apply these to our 4.2.3-custom?
something else?

(I know none of these will be an automatic solution, but I'd like to find
a way that would minimise manual labor)

I'd like to do this ASAP, as I promised to post our patches to the TRAC,
but I need to get a 4.2.4 compatible source first, otherwise my
contribution won't really be usable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Matjaz Slak
matjaz.slak at atol.si