[Vtigercrm-developers] The way to upgrade a patched 4.2.3 to 4.2.4

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:38:50 PDT 2006

Hi Matjaz,

Your best bet is usually to create a patch for the smallest changeset
(ie: whichever has the least changes: 4.2.3->4.2.4 or
4.2.3->4.2.3-custom).  However I would probably try merging both
patches and see which gives the least collisions.

The 4.2.3 tag in SVN is inaccurate (because SVN wasn't being used at
the time of that release and CVS management left something to be
desired), so to create a 4.2.3->4.2.4 patch I would download both
releases off of sourceforge and run diff locally.

I hope that is some help to you.  Also note that the 4.2 branch has
evolved quite a bit past the 4.2.4 release, you may wish to check that
out as well.

Allan