[Vtigercrm-developers] how to make vtiger more community oriented?

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Wed Jun 14 00:59:10 PDT 2006

I would like to get your views on making vtiger more community oriented. The reason for this is as follows :-

a) It will free the core team for other tasks. Right now, we are facing a shortage of hands in fixing the issues,
testing the product, documentation, etc.

We would like these to be off-loaded to an extent so that we can continue further development.

Things are working no doubt but in patches.

I would like to bring in more accountability, automation and transparency into the system.
Again, these will not be at the cost of flexibility and speed.
The core team when left to itself can move very fast but we need to move together. I am sure
we have people who have skills supplementary/complementary to those of the core team.
The need is to make these work together thereby leading to a fast,nimble and efficient community
thereby leading to a much better product.

I am sure we have gurus on board who have 'been there, done that'. I welcome them to put forth
their ideas on handling this issue.

Richie