[Vtigercrm-developers] Calling for wishes and/or requests about which item(s) you would like to have fixed in 4.2.x

Matjaz.Slak at atol.si Matjaz.Slak at atol.si
Fri Jul 21 04:36:00 PDT 2006

Hi!

Thank you!

I hope I'll be able to finish up some of my other tasks within a week or
so and then I'll start posting ideas about what to work on here.

If anybody has any general wishes and/or requests about which item(s) you
would like to have fixed in 4.2.x, post them here. By this I mean areas
perceived by vTiger users. Try to fit them in the following categories:
debugging (fixing user-perceived functions that either don't work at all
and/or work incorrectly)
improving usability (based on feedback from users)
improving security (let us know of possible security holes)
multilanguage support (simply get rid of any and all hard-coded strings)
localization support (number format, date format, currency support etc -
per user or at least per-system)
other (we can create aditional categories if the need arises)

For example:
Private Custom Views - allow for a custom view to be marked as private and
only be visible to the user that created it (usability)
All View columns sortable - allow a user to click on any column and sort
it (usability)
Repeating calls/meetings - don't work at all? (debugging)
etc...

I'll be collecting them and posting them somewhere - the TRAC Wiki comes
to mind as an appropriate place. We can the priorithise them and look into
required work - and then create tickets for developers (us, again :) to
work on.

Richie, Jeff, Matt and/or others: would it me possible for me to have
acces to post some content to the TRAC Wiki? I would create a document
like "vTiger 4.2.x to-do area" that would include these items we wish to
work on - and specific goals for them. Tickets would then be created based
on these. This document would represent the general guideline.

Matjaz Slak
matjaz.slak at atol.si

Atol d.o.o.  |  http://www.atol.si  |  tel. +386 1 510 15 30

Nolan Andres <nolan at peaceworks.ca>
Sent by: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com
20.07.2006 19:50
Please respond to
vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com

vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
cc

Subject
Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned       Plea    froma   VTiger
Integrator

Hi all,

Although I'd really love to be able to just contribute features without
having to re-integrate (into v5,) I agree with priorities and I'll
second the addition of security to the list. Security through obscurity
is bad enough, but with open source projects, it simply becomes security
through ignorance. I certainly wouldn't trust vTiger's security in an
environment where the data is actually confidential and a malicious or
competitive party would stand to gain by accessing it illicitly.

I don't have the availability to co-ordinate things, but you can count
on me for some quantity of bug-fixes, security patches, etc.

peace,
nokes