[Vtigercrm-developers] Calling for wishes and/or requests about which item(s) you would like to have fixed in 4.2.x

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Fri Jul 21 07:13:48 PDT 2006

Matjaz, you already would have got the access mail for the trac.
About the TRAC Wiki, Matt will do the needful.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Richie

---- Matjaz.Slak at atol.si<Matjaz.Slak at atol.si> wrote ----

Hi!

 Thank you!

I hope I'll be able to finish up some of my other tasks within a week or so and then I'll start posting ideas about what to work on here.

If anybody has any general wishes and/or requests about which item(s) you would like to have fixed in 4.2.x, post them here. By this I mean areas perceived by vTiger users. Try to fit them in the following categories:  debugging (fixing user-perceived functions that either don't work at all and/or work incorrectly) improving usability (based on feedback from users) improving security (let us know of possible security holes) multilanguage support (simply get rid of any and all hard-coded strings) localization support (number format, date format, currency support etc - per user or at least per-system) other (we can create aditional categories if the need arises)
For example:  Private Custom Views - allow for a custom view to be marked as private and only be visible to the user that created it (usability) All View columns sortable - allow a user to click on any column and sort it (usability) Repeating calls/meetings - don't work at all? (debugging) etc...
I'll be collecting them and posting them somewhere - the TRAC Wiki comes to mind as an appropriate place. We can the priorithise them and look into required work - and then create tickets for developers (us, again :) to work on.

Richie, Jeff, Matt and/or others: would it me possible for me to have acces to post some content to the TRAC Wiki? I would create a document like "vTiger 4.2.x to-do area" that would include these items we wish to work on - and specific goals for them. Tickets would then be created based on these. This document would represent the general guideline.

 Matjaz Slak
 matjaz.slak at atol.si

 Atol d.o.o.  |  http://www.atol.si  |  tel. +386 1 510 15 30

   Nolan Andres <nolan at peaceworks.ca>
Sent by: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com 20.07.2006 19:50    Please respond to
 vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
     To vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com   cc    Subject Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned        Plea        froma        VTiger        Integrator

Hi all,

 Although I'd really love to be able to just contribute features without
 having to re-integrate (into v5,) I agree with priorities and I'll
 second the addition of security to the list. Security through obscurity
 is bad enough, but with open source projects, it simply becomes security
 through ignorance. I certainly wouldn't trust vTiger's security in an
 environment where the data is actually confidential and a malicious or
 competitive party would stand to gain by accessing it illicitly.

 I don't have the availability to co-ordinate things, but you can count
 on me for some quantity of bug-fixes, security patches, etc.

 peace,
 nokes