[Vtigercrm-developers] Invitation : Tabs & Modules Grouping

Rajesh Sundaram K rajeshsundaram at adventnet.com
Sat Jan 21 05:48:06 PST 2006

Team,

We would like to understand better, the order of tabs/modules that you
would like to see in vtiger. We are planning to use the Card-Sorting
method to find out the groups/order of tabs that most users wishes to
have.  We request all in this list to spend a few minutes for this.

*What you need to do?
*Just spend a few minutes of your leisure time. Get a coffee or grab a
coke and do this sorting method.

*What is this Card sorting method?*
Refer this image, and read below.

According to this method, the names of the modules are written on paper
cards and shuffled, collectively the "Unsorted cards" in the image. Then
the users need to pick up the modules (cards) and group/sort them with
some relation. Say for ex. Leads, Contact, Quotes and Potentials can be
grouped under Sales. Helpdesk and FAQ can be grouped under Support.
Sometimes, you may feel a particular module needs to appear on other
groups too. No problem, just add a new card with the same module name in
that group. Once you are sure that you have grouped all modules, send us
the Group names and modules under each group.

*What will you get in return?*
The Names of those who give feedback, will be given credits in the
vtiger About page. :-)

*What will we do with this data?
*With this help, we will identify the most common pattern of module
grouping and implement in the GA release.

*vtiger Modules
*

    Activities
    Contacts
    Potentials
    Quotes
    Calendar
    Email
    Purchase Order
    Leads
    Accounts
    Helpdesk
    Sales Order
    Pricebooks
    Notes
    Dashboard
    Products
    Reports
    Invoice
    Vendors

If i have left any module (!!) please add that to the list and sort. :-)

Have a great Weekend!

- Saint

*
*