[Vtigercrm-developers] Build a vTiger Bounty Team

Jamie Jackson jamieinnh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:59:05 PST 2006

I'd call it marketing a fund raising system for developers.  Right now,

> Brian is the one interested in maintaining this portion of the community
> and wants a title.  So "Bounty Maintainer" seems fair.

Hiya Mike,

I don't you to take this the wrong way, but on the surface it would seem you
are skectical<sp> of this bounty system?

I am not sure why you would call it a fund raising system, although it does
put money in the developers pocket that steps up and helps us
non-programmers out with features our company needs.   I wouldn't call it a
fund raising system.  It just seems like a not so nice way of naming it.

We all understand that several things are true:

1.  The Core vTiger group is busy with 5.0
2.  You are busy with maintaining 4.2x
3.  We non-programmers need features that aren't in the current system
4.  There are many people that would want the same features, so sharing the
costs of said features is a benefit.

I believe a bounty system is a good thing, and a needed thing.  I am sorry
if I misunderstood your stance, but it just seemed on surface that you
didn't like this idea.

Also, Brian didn't ask for a title for the sake of having one, I believe he
asked for the vTiger core group to get behind the idea of a bounty system
and let the community know they are supportive of the idea.

Again, I am sorry if I misunderstood you, I just thought I would give you my
input.

Thanks!

Jamie