[Vtigercrm-developers] How to proceed to the GA?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 06:57:33 PDT 2006

Jens Hamisch wrote:
> Also it would be fine to do some "source code nicening": This would
> require some common understanding on some basic things like MSDOSish
> (\r\n) or UNIXish (\n) line breaks. It is very hard to keep track of
> changes if a simple diff(1) reports a source file being changed
> entirely, because some editor accidently changed the line breaks. This
> happened to 'calendarLayout.php' last weekend.

Committers should be running a ~/.subversion/config with appropriate
settings. Setting svn:eol-style=native on appropriate mime-types fixes it
completely.

> Maybe you can run some beautifier on source files before checking them
> in to SVN?

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/1820

As soon as I get some questions answered from the PEAR list regarding
php_beautifier, my intention is to make branches of trunk and 4.2, run
php_beautifier on everything that's not a library snapshot. After some
tweaking, we'll see if the results are good enough to earn consensus to
merge back to trunk and branches/4.2.

I regret that I couldn't get this done at the optimal time before 5.0.0
was out of beta, but wholesale source beautification is not something to
do halfway (see ticket)