[Vtigercrm-developers] How to proceed to the GA?

Jens Hamisch jens at Strawberry.COM
Tue Aug 15 23:30:31 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'd suggest to postpone all new features and major restructures
to the next version (e.g. 5.1) and to do bugfixing and minor
changes only on the path from RC to GA. The goal for my point
of view should be to even more improove the very impressing quality
of all features currently implemented.

My biggest wish would be to fix the broken Postgres coding ...
... because of that I cannot move to the official RC but have to
stay at a local revision (SVN + Postgres fixes/workarounds).

Also it would be fine to do some "source code nicening": This would
require some common understanding on some basic things like
MSDOSish (\r\n) or UNIXish (\n) line breaks. It is very hard to
keep track of changes if a simple diff(1) reports a source file
being changed entirely, because some editor accidently changed
the line breaks. This happened to 'calendarLayout.php' last weekend.
Maybe you can run some beautifier on source files before checking
them in to SVN?

Kind regards
Jens

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:19:51AM -0700, Richie wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>
> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
> to move to GA from here.
> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
> I am open to suggestion.
>

> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

     /
 +##+|##+   STRAWBERRY                     Jens Hamisch
+v#+v v##+  EDV-Systeme GmbH               Managing director
/ v    v\v
| . .  . |  Waldeckstr. 9a                 Car (Voice):  (+49 172) 81 04 162
|     .  |  D-82515 Wolfratshausen         Voice:        (+49 8171) 41805-0
 | .     |                                 Fax:          (+49 8171) 41805-59
 \   .  /   Tel.: (+49 8171) 41805-0       Email:        jens at Strawberry.COM
  \____/    Strawberry at Strawberry.COM