[Vtigercrm-developers] Home page Matrix ..

Joel Rydbeck Joel.Rydbeck at nubrek.com
Mon Apr 17 08:03:59 PDT 2006

Folks,

I'm on board with Josh's feedback here.  My users just made the transition into 4.2 and while 5.0 offers a lot of great features, I'd like to be able to keep UI differences to a minimum. As great as everyone thinks 5.0 looks, it is complex and intimidating to a newcomer.  I think its great to have this as an option, but I think we also need to hang on to a simple theme/interface that looks more like the Sugar's and Salesforce.com's of the world.

The fact that so many people are so tied to the 5.0 look is only a signal that themes really do mean a lot to the end user.  We should make certain that 4.2 users who really liked the theme, can continue to use what they prefer just like so many prefer the 5.0 look.  Personally, I would like a theme that looks a lot closer to Salesforce so that I could compete with them better --keep it more of an apples to apples.

Seriously, let's not become the open source project that has an over-bearing, overly complex, overly functional UI.  Let's keep it easy for the end-user who will only touch this for 5 minutes each day --in the end, they're the ones who need CRM the most.

- Joel