[Vtigercrm-developers] Does the "Reports To" field in users have any function?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 10:19:46 GMT 2023

A couple of years ago I modified vtiger 7 for an American customer to do
just this. We have a multi-select picklist in the User module called
"Team Name" with lots of different "teams" in it. Each user can then
belong to none, one or any number of Teams. (See attached). (No teams
effectively = "all teams")

This is then used to control visibility/access of records. Before this
it was really complicated as they had to have loads and loads of
roles... And each time things changed it involved changing loads and
loads of roles and each user individually. (They have over 800 users)

Al