[Vtigercrm-developers] Project templates - or duplicate/clone a full project structure?

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 03:16:40 GMT 2022

Can not be done via workflows?

Add a Project type picklist. Based on the project type trigger "Create
Record" action to create the initial set of project tasks.

Similarly, setup automation if you have dependent Project Tasks.

Though having the option to create templates from existing Projects is much
more easy for users. We explored this solution and the team had put in some
effort, but our approach was to create a template first. By defining things
on a Gantt chart. This very quickly became too complex.

However after speaking about this to various customers, it appears that it
does not matter! They are fine if we follow the approach of first creating
a dummy project and then take the action to save it as a template. I guess
this comes from the experience they had with other softwares.

One more thing that was requested by users is to have something which
defines the Project Roles of the various users. And using those roles to
identify and assign Tasks to users.