[Vtigercrm-developers] Picklist with lots of values

nilay khatri nilay.spartan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:44:37 GMT 2022

Hi,

In one of our setups, the user has added 15k+ values to a picklist, which
are the Zip codes.

This slows the CRM like anything.

Has anyone come across such scenarios? Any available solutions?

Based on our initial research this happens because of the select2, and the
fact that all picklist values are to be fetched and initiated. This leads
to high resource utilization and DOM building gets slow. Imagine having 2
or more zip fields :)

As a solution we are thinking of changing the behaviour of select2 to load
values using ajax.

But then the challenge would be picklist dependency setups, as that would
need all the mapping to be available anyways. So the load times and
resource utilization is not going to have any major impact?

Happy to collaborate.