[Vtigercrm-developers] UITYPES and Translation files

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:32:24 GMT 2022

On 15/03/2022 01:18, Henry Cumbicus Rivera wrote:
> Good evening, I have 2 questions:
> *1- Is there an updated list of UITYPES in the database?*
> I found this table vtiger_ws_fieldtype but it seems to me that it does
> not contain all the data types that Vtiger handles or it is out of date.

This one is quite old but I find it still useful:

https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/UI_Types

Also recently see this commit which added Constants that can be used in
place of integers:

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/commit/4fb39d530546516d2232f3754ffb005fcc793a8f

Finally, on a reasonably clean vtiger installation you can do something
like this to get a list of all UITypes in use:

SELECT * FROM vtiger_field GROUP BY uitype;

> *2- Why do translations have to be handled by files and not from the
> database?*

Almost certainly a historic throwback to the original sugarcrm days.

Depending on the amount of data I am not sure if retrieving translations
from the database would be a performance hit or not - I suppose it could
be read once on login and then cached perhaps?

Maybe work on a pull request and see how you get on? You'd need to
rework the vtranslate() methods

Also, currently you can create a Language package as an installable
module - you'd have to obviously handle this as well.

Cheers