[Vtigercrm-developers] Any issues with migrating vTiger 6.5 to vTiger 7.3? (customer portal)

Rubén A. Estrada Orozco rulotec1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:59:06 GMT 2022

Migrating code changes from vt6 portal to vt7 portal is not an easy task if
you are not familiar with Angular JS (vt7 portal uses it).
I don't know if a vt6 portal would work with a vtiger 7 crm. I think vt7
uses a different api to communicate with vtiger 7 portal and I'm not sure
whether the old api was kept in vtiger 7, which would be  needed to
communicate to a vt6 portal.

Saludos

Rubén

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 3:40 PM socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rubén,
>
> Thank you!
>
> Do you know if there actually is any difference in the v7 portal vs. v6.5?
> Ie. there are some custom changes to the v6.5 portal the client has, and I
> will then need to migrate those (which I can do - was just hoping that it
> would be less complex ;-))
>
> Thank you!!!
>
> Best,
> Chris
>
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 at 19:24, Rubén A. Estrada Orozco <rulotec1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> I think you will have to install the portal version that is compatible
>> with vtiger 7 after updating from 6.5 to 7.3. Since the portal doesn't have
>> a database of its own, there is no need to "migrate" the portal in the same
>> sense as vtiger. You just install and configure a clean new portal once
>> you've updated vtiger and it should work.
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 10:09 AM socialboostdk <socialboostdk at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all you beautiful people,
>>>
>>> I have a customer asking me to upgrade their vTiger 6.5 to vtiger 7.3.
>>>
>>> They also run the built-in customer portal, which I'm less familiar
>>> with. Has anyone tried upgrading that? Ie. will it upgrade, or did it
>>> change a lot from 6.5 to 7.3?
>>>
>>> TIA :)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Chris