[Vtigercrm-developers] What is the purpose of a Vendor???

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:43:21 GMT 2022

I'm looking at moving my own business data from an old ERP system into
vtiger (it's *really* old and unmaintainable any more). And my needs are
pretty straightforward.

This old ERP system does have a proper accounting backend and as such
you record both invoices that you send to your customers and also
invoices that you receive from your own suppliers.

In this system, the equivalent of the Organisation record has two
checkboxes:

* Customer
* Supplier

You can check both, one or none of these checkboxes which basically
covers all the bases in terms of businesses you might have a
relationship with.

Then Customer and Supplier Invoices are _essentially_ the same records
but with an internal "flag" to indicate the direction of the money flow.
It then makes it fairly easy to work out your balance sheet by comparing
invoices in to invoices out.

Has anyone "fixed" vtiger to work more like this?

Thanks in advance