[Vtigercrm-developers] feature: create all invoices of a recurring salesorder ahead of time

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:10:27 GMT 2022

On 13/04/2022 14:42, Martin Allen wrote:
> Can you explain the business case / process behind generating Invoices
> from Sales Orders? My understanding was that Sales Orders were generated
> from Invoices….?

In my albeit limited experience of implementing ERP systems, Sales
Orders were generally used as an interim document to be used internally
for resource scheduling, planning, and occasionally generating Purchase
orders, once a Quotation had been accepted. The Invoice was genreally
created after this.

I should also add, that the vast majority of business I came across
never used Sales Orders at all.

Alan