[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger Calendar display requirement/discussion

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:46:04 GMT 2021

A customer who wants to make more use of the calendar came up with what
seems to me to be a valid request/issue with it.

In the Calendar List View, if you have activities that were assigned to
a user who is now "Inactive" (maybe that user left the company) those
activities are visible. But on the Shared Calendar they are not, which
could lead to business issues if you can't see an planned appointment
for example.

These events also still appear in the summary view Activity Widget as well.

What my customer wants is for events of Inactive users to be shown on
the shared Calendar - all in a single colour (a light grey was his
request) but these users are not to be shown in the coloured blocks list
down the left of the Calendar.

I will be implementing this for my customer but am interested in others
opinions of it as a requirement?

He also wants all users to have the same colour settings for each user
and for each user to be permanently shared. This is something I have
been asked about before - preventing "normal" users from changing the
colours they see and the sharing settings of their calendar.

TIA